Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Season Begins


Happy College Football Kickoff

Get the grills fired up. Have the wings and ribs ready. Make sure the batteries are in the remote are new. Put the kids to bed and welcome back football where the games count (Still love the NFL but preseason is a bore). Its College Football time!!!!


No Love For The Smurfs

It was cute when they knocked off Oklahoma in one of the greatest bowl games EVER but now The Boise St. Broncos are drawing a lot of hate from a lot of people. This is what happens when a mid-major stops being a mid-major and they become a major player in college football. The Broncos have their toughest two games at the beginning of the year by facing Va Tech in Landover Md., A home game for the Hokies and then Oregon St. If they run the table then they could possibly be in the BCS championship game. I really don't see it happening because the Cartel, I mean NCAA and networks do not want a team from Idaho on TV and winning a championship. A fluke play or a bad officiating call will cause a loss and the season will be over for the Broncos. As I told a buddy, watch the game Monday night and I believe you will see those shenanigans early and often. I really do want the Broncos to prove all their naysayers wrong because they stopped using a lot of gadget plays and started playing fantastic football.

The Non-Experts

I hate doing picks at the beginning of the season. But a friend of mine sent me this message a month ago: Iowa vs Oklahoma Take it to the bank. I told him no way Iowa wins the Big Ten, its just not possible. He wanted me to take credit for it but I said I would post it and would make regret his picks.

Max M. Iowa versus Oklahoma Reason: They get tough conference games at home. Two solid qb's (Stansi is 18-4 as a starter)dominant line play, many returning starters from their Orange Bowl winning team. Max has his Buckeyes getting thrashed by Iowa in a stunner, at least to me.

Chris M.-Ohio St over Florida. I take this one with a grain of salt because Chris is a Buckeye fan and is completely blinded by the scarlet and gray, but I digress. They return a Heisman candidate in Pryor (although I don't see him having fantastic numbers with old sweater vest conservative offensive calls). I see OSU getting beat by the Canes and losing another so I doubt they will make it. Florida is a possibility.

Sam O. Ohio St. over Nebraska. Nebraska back in the top ten for the first time in a long time. The defense got their Black Shirt's back and they feel like its their year. Unless they get lots and lots of points from their offense, I don't see them making it out of the Big 12. Their defense is good but you still gotta score.

Now mine TCU and Oklahome with TCU winning it all. TCU has always had a stellar defense but now their offense is scoring routinely on their first team defense. Its going to be a Southwest conference reunion with the Horned Frogs shocking the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment