Friday, November 11, 2011

2 Point Conversion (Week 11)

1. Your Thoughts on the Penn St. scandal:
Droddy: Trying to sum these crimes at Penn St in a few words does not show respect to how big of a story this will end up being. Simply put, the news coming out this week from Happy Valley changed history. It not only changed the way history will remember Joe Paterno, but it will change the way we look at university and small town life. The amount of cover up needed to keep these horrific crimes quiet can be equated to the Catholic church and is yet another example of how we have to watch people closely, regardless of the title they hold. I learned more about Penn State this week that I had ever hoped I would and still have a million questions. I take no pleasure in watching Paterno fail...we were all led to believe he was the last good guy that not only wins with honor, but did it for 60 years. I think after Bobby Bowden and his dinged legacy, college football fans deserved a hero – for that matter …Americans do as well.
BTW – Penn State students…what in the world are you thinking?? Please tell me this is just another chance for you to riot!
Momo: The majority of what I had to say was in my previous post "Not So Happy Valley" but I have one more thing to say about Mike McQueary. It just sickens me to know that he not only didn't save the child out of a bad situation BUT he golfed with Sandusky and was around him at other charity events. Mike heard all of the moral and act with high character speeches, yet when push came to shove he did not utilize those teachings he was given by Paterno. Its so sad that he did not think about the children.

2. Think Bo Pelini is in trouble at Nebraska?
Droddy: No, Nebraska is not going to fire Pelini any time soon. He has some time, but he will have to step up his recruiting (a lot) to be able to compete for the Big10 title on an annual basis. I will have to see it to believe NE can win on a national level again – I just do not believe they will pull the recruits needed (at all positions) to win all their games. That said, just imagine how much NE has done over the years with virtually zero recruiting base to work from so anything is possible.
Momo: Pelini is in a little trouble but he survives one more season. Nebraska has looked flat all season and they have been out hustled badly. The Cornhuskers have been dominated at both lines of scrimmages, in the past Nebraska dominated these areas. I'm not sure the NE can compete nationally again. Dominating in the Big 10 will become more difficult if Ohio St. and Penn St. get top notch coaches.

3. “Who You Got” With another perfect week under my belt , I am 18-6, while Droddy is 17-7. I don’t expect my run to continue but I’ll take it!! Here’s our picks this week:
Nebraska vs. Penn St.
Momo: This game will have a ton of emotion for both teams. Nebraska got ran out of Lincoln by Northwestern last week and its Senior Day for the Lions who will be playing for their former coach. I’ll take PSU because they will need some good news this week but it will be close.
Droddy: Penn State will be able to run with the emotion for this week. I think the PN St wheels come off after this week, very possible they don’t make it that far though.

Auburn vs. Georgia
Momo: I’ll take them Dawgs. Get their running backs back and they need this more than Auburn.
Droddy: Georgia has a lot on the line and just seem to be playing better right now. Should be a good game.

TCU vs. Boise St.
Momo: Boise St. wins this on the blue field, even though they can’t wear their all blue uniforms. Could this game be Kellen Moore’s Heisman moment?
Droddy: Boise State is just better. TCU is not the same TCU team we have seen recently.

Oregon vs. Stanford
Momo: I really wanted to go with Stanford BUT after seeing that they lost another one of Luck’s weapon, I think Oregon wins. It will be closer than last year but the Quack attack has too much offense.
Droddy: Oregon – similar to last year, just too many athletes coming at them at a fast rate to deal with. I think well know early if Stanford can hang in there, they need long established drives and stuff Oregon runs between the tackles.

No comments:

Post a Comment